Friday, October 31, 2008


Soooo...I've been meaning to blog about vitamins for the last two days. However, the internet has not turned up the kind of info that I can easily use. I search for a bit, and then get busy with real work...search for a bit more, and then get busy once again.
However, the gist of it all is this...I'm tired A LOT of the time. It could be b/c I get up at 5 in the morning several days a week or that it's busy season. However, in reality I am tired at work quite often...even when I get more than enough sleep. Possibly it is boredom, but I am thinking that a good multi-vitamin would help. I was recently on a message board where a number of posters commented that when they were going through periods of heavy fatigue it was b/c they were lacking in iron. After getting on a regular vitamin schedule, then they were back in action. I'm going to give it a try.

In other news...I met w/my partner/mentor last night, and I have a pretty good plan for advancing my career in the short term.

Step A...Identify the 'priority' accounts and work with the scheduler and partners to get on them.

Step B...Schedule a lunch meeting w/my coordinating partner to discuss assisting him with some of his 'pet projects' w/a follow up discussion on my goals.

Step C...Build a relationship w/a key snr. manager who is quickly progressing through the ranks. That will prob kick off w/a lunch meeting next month.

Step D...Identify an area of specialty, which should arise from my conversations in steps B and C.

Sound good?

4 comments:

T said...

On the vitamin piece, I take Nature's Made multivitamin for women. I picked it for several reasons (that I don't remember anymore) when I was doing vitamin research a couple of years ago.

I know it has everything vitamin I felt like I needed in it, was the most natural and didn't have TOO much of any one vitamin. TOO many vitamins can also be harmful for your body.

The same way you don't feel endorphins from exercise, I don't really see any boost in energy resulting from vitamins, but I take them anyway because I know I should.

I've been able to keep a lurking cold away by using mulitvitamins and taking extra vitamin C.

Keep us posted if you find a good one!

ThummyB said...

I'll let you know what I choose. Also...how did you make a pic of yourself? I want a cartoon person too!

ThummyB said...

I'll let you know what I choose. Also...how did you make a pic of yourself? I want a cartoon person too!

T said...

avatar.yahoo.com.

It's pretty hot. I had to do a screen grab of it though, because yahoo saves the pictures so damn small that you can't see any detail. I love it!