Monday, October 20, 2008


It was the best of times...it was the worst of times...you know the rest.

I was reflecting on how the year 2008 has progressed, and that was the 1st sentence that came to mind. If nothing else, I can say that this year has been transformational. My life is different and so am I.

I started out the year by proving to myself that I can be disciplined and strong-willed during the Biggest Loser competition. Although I had previously lost weight, I showed myself that I could stand on my own, stick to my commitment, and push through a tough time. Moreso than the actual weightloss...the experience really changed me.

Then I visited a new country and continent, which was truly amazing. I once heard someone say that the world is like a book, and without traveling it is as though you never turn the pages. Well I turned to a new chapter with this trip. It was exciting, scary, educational, and of course tons of fun. I'll never forget it, and I've got a hunger for more! Go Paris 2009!

On the other hand...my personal life went in a whole new direction, and my car has given me never-ending problems. *Le Sigh* Q3 has been rough. However, I think that I have grown and gained a new level of inner strength, faith, and maturity. Besides, it's not good to think of a period in your life as 'all bad', so we'll just say that the last few months have provided me with a wonderful and exciting opportunity to develop into a better person...and I think that I have. Score one point for me!

Anyway...there are two months left in the year, and I'm confident that they will be great! We are going to elect the 1st Black President of the United States and then we can celebrate with the holidays (a time to give thanks and enjoy family...and of course, food). What could be better!

I say all of this to say...2008 is almost gone. Take a moment to reflect. Have you met your goals? Are you pleased with the progress? If not, then there are two months left to get it together. Don't wait until the new year to get things back on track. Get moving RIGHT NOW! There is no reason to not end every year with a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment :-)

2 comments:

T said...

Good stuff. You in the A for the holidays? If not, you know you're family, so there will be a seat for you at our Thanksgiving and Christmas tables. :)

ThummyB said...

Thank you maam. I'm definitely in the A for Thanksgiving, but the fam might actually be in the Chi for Christmas. We shall see.