Monday, June 23, 2008

Hey all - So you know that I was supposed to be pampering and loving (not that kinda loving) ME on Friday evenings. I have NOT been successful at keeping this promise to myself. I did spend one evening giving myself two lovely facials, which was fairly relaxing. Also, I took time to get my nails done about two weeks ago, which also felt good. However, this is all that I've done on this front. Not sufficient at all. I have got to do better.

Somehow finances or fatigue or other tasks just seems to get in the way. I'm sure that this scenario isn't uncommon or unheard of. Other things and people just always seem to take precedence over ourselves. However, if I don't take care of Me, then there will be nothing left to share with others. Therefore I have to re-focus and Do Better!

I've already booked a couple of 'relaxation' sessions in my mind. I am planning to get my nails done this coming Saturday, and I am determined to book a spa appointment while I am in the Bahamas. I have really only ever had 1 spa treatment...Ever, which is no small tragedy. Everything is super expensive, but I am going to try my best to save and schedule another massage. I've only had one before, but it was so relaxing that I want another.
Once I get back home then I have to re-commit to booking special time every Friday. Maybe its a facial, maybe its a mani/pedi, maybe its just quietly reading a book on my balcony. Whatever it is, I am going to spend time every Friday evening doing something that celebrates and nurtures ME!

No comments: