Sunday, June 08, 2008

Looking and feeling good...

So, I have somewhat been on my workout grind. I've been making time for my swimming and yoga, and it's paying off. I was checking myself out in the mirror yesterday morning (yes, I check myself out often), and I must say that I was enjoying the view. The abs were tight, stomach was flat, and the boobs have gotten back a bit of their fullness. I was smiling to myself thinking "Damn, I look good."

Now, while I truly am in decent shape, it's still in large part a state of mind (as I have said before). When I work out I just feel better about myself. Of course, I am physically at my peak, but even if my physique doesn't change, the way that I see myself certainly does.

I am out of town at a convention this week, and I definitely want to feel confident. Sooo...I packed my swimsuit (hopefully the hotel has a lap pool), and I already rolled out of bed early this morning for a yoga session. Gotta stay on my grind.

I really really encourage those of you who are trying to get into shape to truly commit to your exercise plan. It will without a doubt raise your self esteem and give you the confidence and strength to continue forward to success!

2 comments:

T said...

Hey girl,

Do you read any other bloggers that are on the exercise game. I am having a hard time getting motivated given the new 7-day a week work schedule. I just want to sleep and eat when I'm not working.

Maybe I could commit to some relaxing [workout] stuff at my house.

Any ideas?

ThummyB said...

Yeah - It is really tough to justify working out when you are actually working 7 days a week.

Perhaps you can build it into your schedule (directly b4 or after work), so that you don't have to motivate yourself to leave the house when chilling.

Also, maybe you can commit to doing a couple of basic things...like 100 crunches or a couple of lunges (like those groups of 6 - 10 exercises that they have in Shape and Self), etc. That way you get in some exercise even if it is only 15 mins.