Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sooo, as many of you all know I am a fairly religious person. I believe in God, I believe in Christ, and I believe in allowing God to guide my life.

Easier said than done...believe me. I find that we discover just how strong we truly are within our faith when it is put to the test. You quickly discover just how much you trust and believe God to nurture you and provide for your needs.

My thoughts today are on the topic of faith. Can you believe in and depend on your blessings even when you cannot see them? When I am going through tough times, then I sometimes think of God's faithful servant Jobe. God tested Jobe time and time again, and then blessed him 7 fold for passing each test. I sometimes wonder if God is testing me. While I DO NOT want to go through the sorts of trials that Jobe went through, I do try my best to maintain a spirit of meditation and prayer...thanking God for my blessings and trusting Him to bring me through. I certainly hope that my faith keeps me, and my reward is 7x the success and happiness that I have known thus far.

My mother always tells me "What God has for you...it is for you." I love that quote. It warms my heart everytime I think of it, and it reminds me to keep my focus on the Lord. As long as my relationship with Him is strong, then all other pieces will naturally fall into place.

Right now, the following scriptures have been making me smile. Hope that they make you smile from time to time as well.

As you have put your trust in Christ Jesus the Lord to save you from the punishment of sin, now let Him lead you in every step. Have your roots planted deep in Christ. Grow in Him. Get your strength from Him. Let Him make you strong in the faith as you have been taught. Your life should be full of thanks to Him.
- Colossians 2:6-7

Oh Lord, You are my God. I will praise You. I will give thanks to Your name. For You have been faithful to do great things, plans that you made long ago.
- Isaiah 25:1

3 comments:

T said...

Love this post. I have a ton of favorite scriptures, but here's a sampling.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- Phillipians 4:13

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future
- Jeremiah 29:11

All things work together for the good for them who love the Lord and are according to his purpose.

- Romans 8:28

P.S. Let me know when you go to the Saturday night service at Friendship. I want to tag along. I need to get my worship in sometime since I'm working Sunday morings now.

ThummyB said...

Love This!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future
- Jeremiah 29:11"

You know they got rid of the Saturday services at Fellowship, but they do still have 7 pm service on Sunday, if you want to it that up. We could eat right after you get off of work (at the house), and then roll out to service. Just let me know.

T said...

Why did I think your church was called Friendship instead of Fellowship? I'm trippin'. Yes, the Sunday night plan sounds hot to me. I get off at 6:15 this Sunday (if I don't get cut early), so you may want to do dinner without me and I'll have a South Beach Diet bar or something. Womp.