Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Really quick goals update...

I went to lunch w/two co-workers today to discuss what we call our 'African American Affinity Group' (AAAG). The current leader for the AAAG is preparing to go on maternity leave, so a fellow co-worker and I are going to lead the group in her absence. Yay! We're pretty excited. We identified some high level goals to focus on, which are Professional Development, Recruiting & On-boarding, and Social. We also identified some general ideas which should help us meet these goals. My new co-lead and I are going to narrow the goals down into a few specific activities for the year and then recruit some individuals to help execute each. Our 1st task is to coordinate an event for the staff and interns.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

T said...

That's awesome. Best wishes. They had the Women's Leadership Network breakfast here this week and I so wanted to go. My workload and lack of sleep wouldn't let me do it though, maybe next year.