Friday, June 27, 2008

You like me! You really really like me!!!!


At least that is what I was thinking when I got a call from my partner today! I have been approved for a HIGH IMPACT AWARD!!!! That's a 5% bonus in my paycheck today, baby!!! Whooo hoooo...way to make my day!

I have to admit that this was right on time. Between just us...I was feeling a bit down this week. I have been working hard on a weekly report, and I tell ya...I will work on it for hours, send it to the manager, and then he has a whole host of revisions for me within the hour. I was just feeling that I wasn't giving him what he was looking for, and that he wasn't satisfied w/my work. I may still need to step up my game on the report, but at least I know that I am pulling my weight.

On other career improvements...I am on a different client this week where I am performing mostly a reviewer/advisor role. I have been asserting myself and securely stating my opinions, and I really think that it is paying off. The client team that I am working with seem to really respect me and value my opinions. I've grown more confident in my experience and judgement, and I am allowing it to reflect in my demeanor and behavior.

3 comments:

T said...

YAY! FREE MO-NEEEYYY!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the B-E A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E mantra is paying off yet again! :)

ThummyB said...

Be Aggressive! Be-e Agressive! B-E-A-GG-R-E-SS-IVE Aggressive! Be-e Aggressive!