Monday, July 14, 2008



On my to do list... a visit to Fleet Feet Sports!

I've been hearing a lot about this place, but have yet to check it out. According to their website (and the word on the street), they custom size your foot and assess your gait in order to provide the best shoe fit possible. Now this may not be important for everyone, but it sure is to me.

I usually don't tell people this but...I have flat feet. I mean really flat feet. Like my ankles brush against one another and the alignment btwn my feet and knees is just wrong. What's the result? Lots of knee problems. Now I don't do to much exercising in shoes anymore (hooray for swimming and yoga!), but when I DO get out on the treadmill or track I'd like to have the right amount of support. Well this store is geared towards giving you just that. Here is the process that makes it all happen:

Step One: Welcome and Explanation of our Fitting Process
Every process has a beginning point, fitting our customers begins with “hello” and an explanation of the steps we take to fit you for the best shoe for your needs.

Step Two: Getting to Know You
We take time to ask questions about your current activity, such as how often you run, how far and if you have a goal in mind. We also discuss any existing or past injuries and talk about the footwear you currently use.

Step Three: Measurement
Several measurements of each foot help us determine proper sizing. We record both unweighted (seated) and weighted (standing) measurements.

We aren't doctors and don't pretend to be, but we will take a look at your feet for signs that will help us fit you properly and determine any special needs.

Step Four: Gait Analysis
We'll bring out a neutral “test” shoe and observe as you run or walk a short distance. This helps us understand how you move and the biomechanics of your gait.

Step Five: Fitting and Recommendations
Based on our findings we will bring out the shoes that may work best for you. We'll carefully inspect the fit and watch as you run or walk in each shoe. We'll discuss the options, provide you with our recommendations and answer any questions.

Step Six: The Decision
This one is all you since you are the only person who knows how the shoes actually feel.

Step Seven: Ready to Go
Now that you've made a decision, we'll talk about how to properly break in your new shoes, help with any other product needs you may have and make sure you're ready to get the best results!

I have heard that the prices are pretty comparable with your average Foot Locker/Champs' store, so I think that I'm going to check them out. They have locations all over the country, so check their website for a store near you!

No comments: