Monday, July 28, 2008

**singing** "Motivation! Haters get on ya job...haters get on ya job!"

Who needs a little motivation get off the couch and back into the gym? I've been pretty diligent about working out, but this past weekend I took off 3 days in a row. It felt great, but of course it was temporary. Now it's time to get back on the grind.

This morning as I began looking for tips and ways to motivate oneself, I came across several articles (linked below). However, my favorite mentioned two types of motivation...Positive Motivation and The Fear Factor. Need an example?

The Fear Factor!


Positive Motivation!


I think that you get the point. Either can be very effective at propelling you to the next level in your diet/workout routine. I like to think that I'm primarily driven by positive motivation, but I have to admit...from time to time the fear of 'what could be' is just the kick in the pants that I need. Regardless of what motivates you...use that motivation to set and achieve your goals. Eating right and working out are in your best interest. Not only will you look better, but you will feel better and be healthier.

Still not encouraged? Well here are a couple of articles to get you back in gear!

Get Moving: Top 7 Exercise Motivation Secrets


Tips on Finding and Maintaining the Motivation to Exercise

Top 7 Keys to Motivation for Exercise

1 comment:

T said...

Right on time!